Friday, April 22, 2011

Current reading: Power of a woman by Barbara Taylor Bradford


 

Power Of a Woman
This is the book that I am currently reading.
It is quite a lean book has only about 300 pages.
I am rather not in the mood to read it completely just as yet.
Although the book is a serene read and definitely a page turner. Guess, I can control the urge to keep on reading. Lol.
And il tell you why.
I have exams in about 2 weeks and right now im preparing for them. Usually what i would do is, stop reading, stop all or absolutely any other activities that i would normally do, a month or 2 in advance of my exams. So much so that i would think of them as a sin. I have noticed through these years that by doing so I would build up my pressure of studying and since I would be so strict on myself my performance got affected.Always! Until recently when I have realised that by limiting my time to studying I precisely know what to do and when to do therefore I feel that I am now more focused as I know I have to study in this time so that I can get my 'chill ' time and enjoy just as I would normally do. Nevertheless, giving a bit more time to studying than usual since exams are just around the corner.
So anyways coming back to the book. I recently finished a book from the same author called 'Remember.' It was a beautiful read, a page turner and I loved it so much that I had fallen in love with the characters. Now! for me this is a big thing as I usually dont get involved that quickly with the characters of the book.
Since my library had another of her books I decided to give this one a try. 
I love it already and I am very excited to read ahead.:)
So coming back to the topic of "studying with joy"..I feel that if i have a light read in my hand as oppose to the course books and essays it really helps my mind rest and refresh without making me lazy as happens when I watch television.
Thus, i am glad and thankful to God for this innovation that I have come across.
So i guess Happy Exams to me!=s






P.s: not that i now love exams or even being around them *sick face * its just that i have learnt how to make it work for me..

No comments:

Post a Comment